The 308 win ammo is one of the most popular hunting cartridges in the United States, and possibly the world. It has gained popularity in many countries as an exceptional cartridge for game in the medium-large sized class. Sierra Ammunition’s 308 Winchester ammo contains factory new Federal Cartridge cases, and uses the renowned Sierra 175 GR FMJ Sierra Matchking bullet. This bullet is the pride of the Sierra bullet family, and is unmatched worldwide. Its superior ballistic coefficient, thin jacket, and high muzzle velocity make it an ideal choice for long-range hunting and competition.
In North America it is used extensively on whitetail deer, pronghorn and even the occasional caribou or black bear. Check out Impact Guns’ large online selection to find the perfect .ammo or /7.62x51mm ammo for you!
Features and Benefits of 308 win ammo and 20 round box 308 win
The 300 Savage became the basis for experiments on behalf of the U.S. Military that resulted in the development of the T65 series of experimental cartridges. The original experimental case design by the Frankford Arsenal was designated the T65 and was similar to the 300 Savage case, but with less taper. The experimental cases were made from standard 30-06 Springfield cases which gave a little less capacity than standard 300 Savage cases because the Frankford Arsenal cases had slightly thicker case walls.
.308 Winchester and Federal caliber
Full metal jacket
Number of rounds: 20
Grain weight: 145
500 round case 308 win
- This ammo uses a Sierra boat-tailed hollow point bullet that is designed to dump energy into the target, expanding after impact to provide clean kills in hunting, and delivering laser-like accuracy in benchrest matches and long-range training. This ammo is factory-loaded, and comes in a 200-round case. It is a top-quality, U.S.-made ammunition. The heavy 175-grain BTHP moves at 2600 FPS, and has a ballistic coefficient of 0.500.
- This ammo has a legendary track record for accuracy and durability, and the MatchKing bullets are loaded to be the best in their class. It uses a proprietary primer design and is designed to deliver the best sensitivity and consistent ballistics in the industry. It is a top choice for the world’s top shooters and is also ideal for hunting and benchrest matches.
- The Sierra MatchKing bullet is a precision-engineered, bullet that is engineered to increase your chances of winning matches. With a ballistic coefficient of 0.505 and a sensitivity of +5+, the Sierra MatchKing has the best match-winning capabilities of any rifle bullet. It is also the most accurate of all rifle bullets. Using this ammo means you will be able to score a gold medal at the next match.
- The 308 Winchester bullet is a high-grade, lead-free, and reliable round bullet. Its name is derived from the MatchKing’s legendary accuracy and consistency. It moves at nearly two thousand feet per second and has an average velocity of 2,600 fps. This makes the 30-grain BTHP one of the best for long-range benchrest matches.
- The Sierra MatchKing is a high-quality, reliable ammo that has won many competitions. It is made of high-grade, lead-free, and acetal resin. This type of bullet is perfect for law enforcement, sniper rifles, and 3-Gun competitions. This bullet is designed to be accurate and consistent, making it a good choice for any situation.
- The Federal ammunition line is loaded with a Sierra boat-tail hollowpoint bullet, which has been designed to dump energy into the target. This bullet is a solid choice for hunting and has been proven to have an excellent ballistic coefficient. It also comes in a 200-round case and is U.S. made. This type of ammo is the best choice for sniper style rifles.